Friday, February 5, 2010

It's the Weekend!

Work has been stressful lately with all the talk of finding new jobs, so I am very happy that it's Friday evening and I have the whole weekend ahead of me!  Usually my weekends are pretty low key, but I feel like I have a lot planned for this weekend. 

Tomorrow morning I will do my "long run" for my half marathon training, but it's a taper week so I only have to do 6.2 miles.  It will be a nice break compared to my 8 miles last weekend and my 9 miles next weekend.

Tomorrow afternoon we are supposed to go to the beach and play volleyball with friends, but I don't think the weather is going to cooperate.  Instead I will probably do laundry, make a few birthday cards, and do our taxes.  Definitely not as fun as going to the beach. 

Sunday my husband and I will drive to Sarasota to spend the day with my dad and step-mom, who are in Florida on vacation.  Well, they will be on vacation if they can make it out of the snow in Ohio tomorrow! 

I went to Costco after work and accidentally stumbled upon a 5.5 lb bag of frozen stir fry vegetables.  I was planning to make vegetable soup tonight, so this was the perfect way to avoid cutting up all those vegetables!! 



I made a huge pot of soup using the vegetables, and then added chicken broth, a few scallions I had in the fridge, and garlic.  It turned out really good.  I ate two big bowls for dinner, along with a wrap of roast beef and laughing cow cheese. 


YUM!

Tonight I also made the Cooking Light Chocolate Cherry Cookies that Holly posted about awhile back.   They were really good too!  Although the recipe says it makes 30.  That makes each cookie really small!! 

I used the Cherry Flavored Craisins because they were half the price of  the dried cherries.  I was lazy and made them "bar cookies" because I didn't want to roll out the dough.  It tastes the same whether it's square or round, right? 

Now I just have to cut up the cookies and put them away so I don't eat them all.  How do you keep yourself from eating "treats" that you have in the house? 

No comments:

Post a Comment