Saturday, February 6, 2010

Running Posture

I have never really thought about my posture while running, but in my every day life, I know I have bad posture, and I tend to hunch over and not sit with my back straight. 

During my 6 mile run this morning, I found a way to tweak my posture and it was much easier to run!  Around the start of mile 5 I was starting to feel tired, and somehow I straightened up my posture while running, and it actually felt better.  It never even crossed my mind that I could run faster by changing my posture! 

I don't have splits set up on my Gamin Forerunner, so I can't tell how much faster my last two miles were, but I know there were faster than I normally run.  My overall time for 6 miles was 1 hr 8 minutes.  That's fast for me!!

I found a few articles online related to running posture.  I plan to read more on this in the upcoming days. 

The Perfect Form, from Runners World

5 Things You Need to Know about Running Posture, from Livestrong.com

A Whole Website on Natural Posture Running!


Have you ever changed your running posture to make your running more efficient?

No comments:

Post a Comment