Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Great Recipe Binder

Remember a few days ago when I said my fridge was empty? Well, it's still empty!

I have started my grocery list and I have a lot of cooking planned for the next few days. I needed some ideas for new meals, so I consulted my recipe binder:






I subscribe to a lot of magazines, and instead of keeping the magazines so I can refer back to them, I tear out the pages that I want to keep, and get rid of the magazine.  I keep the recipes in this binder, and I have another folder for any exercise or home decorating items that I want to keep. 
I started the binder with empty page protectors, and I can slide in any recipe that I tear out from a magazine or print from a website.  If I try a recipe from a website without printing it, I try to hand write or print it and add it to my binder so I have everything in one place.   I am normally not a "paper person" and I like to keep everything electronically, but I make an exception for my recipes. 


My binder is currently organized into the following categories:

Salads
Appetizers
Chicken
Entrees ( everything with the exception of chicken)
Bread
Breakfast
Side Dishes
Dessert
Drinks
Tips (includes recipe substitutions, cooking times, grains 101)

Eventually I would like to further separate the Entree section into Pork, Beef, Non-Meat, etc, but I just haven't ever done it. 

I decided to try two new recipes from my binder:

Dry-Rubbed Baby Back Ribs ( I have had this in my binder since July 2008!)
Crustless Spinach Quiche (this will be for my husband, too many eggs for me)

I will post reviews of the recipes in the next few days once we actually get to eat them.

How do you organize your recipes? 

No comments:

Post a Comment