Saturday, February 13, 2010

Winter Games/Rewards

Did anyone stay up to watch the Opening Ceremonies last night? I LOVE the Olympics. I think they are so motivating!! I have already logged 2 plus hours today watching skiing. Thankfully some of that was on the treadmill. Today I did 2 miles plus a Jillian workout. The running and Jillian combo still pushes me way past my comfort zone but I feel pretty good today. Tomorrow is a long run - 5 miles. (The training schedule says 4, but I figure since I am comfortable at 5 and its decent outside I should go for it!)

Rewards
Since I have started the Jillian Challenge, I have lost 7 lbs! Granted, some of it was cookie weight from the holidays, but I am impressed. One more week to go and I will re-take my measurements. I am amazed that you can get a solid workout in, in 22 minutes!

Today I reward myself with my chocolate milk smoothie and a valentines surprise!

Smoothie
1/4 cup of low fat chocolate milk (You can add more if you don't like it as thick)
1 medium banana
6 ice cubes

I eat this all the time in summer, but it makes me feel like I am drinking a chocolate milkshake and is a great protein boost after weight training.

Valentines Day
Tomorrow is Megan's birthday!! :) Last year at this time we were prepping to run in the Disney Princess 1/2 marathon! Check us out...


Today I came home to find a nice Valentine's Day surprise from Megan...Twilight Sweethearts!! Did you know 40 sweethearts only have 160 calories? A good snack to keep around! I might have to watch the original Twilight tomorrow. Its been a while! I hope New Moon comes out on DVD soon. Oh Edward....Which team are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment