Sunday, February 7, 2010

How cold is too cold?


What temperature is too cold for you to run outside?

Today was a record for me. The coldest to date that I have ran outside. It was a nice crisp 19 degrees and the run was perfect! I had not even planned to run today but kept gazing outside wanting to go check out the scenery. The trees are amazing right now. We had a mix of snow and ice and every inch of the tree is now covered in white. Thankfully Santa was nice this year and got me some cold weather gear so I was prepared... 3 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, gloves, hat and scarf and I was ready to go. 5 miles later (in record time for me, 53 minutes), I was feeling revived, and excited that I pushed myself past my comfort zone. The cold was worth it and one of my best runs!

On a side note yesterday I did Jillian's Last Chance Workout which is why I thought I would need a lighter workout today. It was 29 minutes of intensity. I can't even imagine what a 2-3 hour session with her would be like. I have to say though, going into my 3rd week of the challenge, I am able to keep up. It is still one of the most difficult things I have done, but I am getting through it! I took measurements of my body prior to the challenge so I am interested to see if anything changes. Two more weeks to go!


What healthy Super Bowl treats do you make?

Tonight we made Jambalaya. Its a super simple crock pot recipe that is great for a cold day. I have made this several times with different versions of sausage.

I also made my cherry cookies again but this time used 1/2 raisins, 1/2 cranberries. They were still really good!!

Winter Mishap...

This has nothing to do with eating healthy or running, however I think this will make a pretty funny scrapbook page when I get to it. The snowplow ran right over our mailbox. It is propped up right now because of all the snow, but pretty soon I am guessing we will have to actually fix it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment