Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sigh

I am not sure what to call this blog posting except that I am just taking a deep cleansing breath and am thankful that the week is almost over. I have had a hard time finding energy to keep the overdrive in full gear this week....case in point, I forgot to set my alarm for spinning this a.m. and slept right through it! I guess I must of been tired. Unfortunately in the IT world, there is not much of a chance of a snow day!

Sometimes I wonder how much is too much...
Ironically today I got two emails that motivated me to keep going and to not fret over my sleep in incident.

1. My Runner's World Quotes. You can go to http://www.runnersworld.com/ and sign up for the daily motivational quotes. Here is today's. And yes, I could use a 25 hour day, but the morning workout is a little piece of heaven when you are done.

"When you run in the morning, you gain time in a sense. Its like stretching 24 hours into 35. You may need to sleep less and get up earlier, but if you can get by that, running early expands the day." - Fred Lebow (Founder of the NYC Marathon)

2. Jillian's "Losing It" Newsletter. Yes, I subscribe to it, but you should expect that from me by now. Most of the time I just browse through it, but today's was about over training.

http://www.jillianmichaels.com/fitness-and-diet-tips/overtraining


It was nice to read a reminder about the importance of rest and overdoing it. I am still going to get all my running in and my planned weight training workouts, so I am taking a "sigh" and moving on.

Quick and Healthy
Tonight for dinner I really wanted to watch my calories since I didn't work out. We made a quick simple recipe which is great for the entire family and makes plenty of leftovers.

Rachel Ray Green Rice with Chicken Peas and Almonds

Whats Next?
This weekend I am on a mission to find some creative/healthy valentines day treats (I waited until the last minute) and search for some fun scrapbooking layouts. I feel like Scrapbooking always becomes the last priority so hopefully I can give it a little attention this weekend! (Even if its only planning, its a start!)

...and of course a Skinny Girl margarita, which I have been patiently waiting for all week!

No comments:

Post a Comment