Sunday, February 7, 2010

Mini-Goals

Good morning!!! 

I am so excited to go to Sarasota today and spend the day with my dad and step mom.  Their flight was delayed out of Ohio yesterday, but they still made it to Florida last night.  Unfortunately it's not beach weather today, but we are going to meet for lunch at St. Armand's Circle and do some shopping.  It should be a fun day!

I haven't mentioned this on the blog yet, but I am trying to lose a little weight right now.  It's really hard for me to do with all the running, because it makes me so hungry.  The more I run, the more I want to eat!

I decided I needed a mini-goal to motivate myself this week.  While going through the mail yesterday, I found a catalog from Athleta.  I love their clothes, but they are expensive in my opinion, so I have never ordered anything. 

I decided my reward for losing at least two pounds this week will be permission to myself to order some fun things from the catalog!!    This goal will also coincide with my birthday, which is next Sunday, so this will be like a birthday present to myself :) 

The other thing I really liked about this catalog, which was actually called the "Yoga Edition", was all the yoga pictures they included in the magazine.    This makes me want to become a Yoga Superstar!!! 











Do you keep yourself motivated with mini-goals and rewards?  I find that it's hard to look at weight loss over the long term, but smaller, mini-goals make it more manageable. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment