Monday, February 22, 2010

Easy Does It

The fridge is almost empty, and so is the freezer.  I decided to throw together an "everything but the kitchen sink" soup to eat for lunch this week with whatever leftovers I could find.



The contents of my soup as seen above:
  • Frozen Peas
  • Cauliflower
  • Carrots
  • Celery that I sliced and froze when I had extra awhile back
  • Brown Rice that I cooked and froze when I had extra awhile back
  • Not pictured:  boneless skinless chicken breast and chicken broth
I also have 4 small sweet potatoes in the oven to eat with my soup.  I don't know when I should start to carbo-load for my race this weekend, but it can't hurt to start early!



I enjoy cooking, but sometimes it's nice to take a break from buying groceries and try to eat what's in the house.  Now I know I will have healthy, nutritious meals to eat this week. 

My husband and I don't have a specific budget for groceries, but we don't buy many extravagant items when grocery shopping.  I figure it's cheaper to buy groceries than to eat out, so I have never taken the time to figure it out.  Do you have a grocery budget for yourself? 

No comments:

Post a Comment