Thursday, February 18, 2010

Running Tights

Due to the long streak of cold weather this winter, I decided to order running tights from Zappos.  I know that I will be able to wear them not only for running, but also while biking as I train for my triathlon (more details here on my training plan).   

Today is the first day that I opened the package to see the three pairs of tights that I ordered.  All three were CW-X brand, but the tights were different price levels based on the compression technology (I think). Without even trying on all three pairs, I decided to keep the CW-X Expert Tights simply because they were the only ones that were all black.  It's probably not the best way to make a decision, but the other two had bright blue stripes and stitching and I just couldn't see myself wearing them as often.



Here is what they look like, except picture a two inch gap of skin showing at my ankles.  That's what happens when you are 5'10".





Next came the great debate as to how to wear these tights in public for my run tonight.   The three options that I came up with were...

1.  Sport the tights on their own with only my shirt and jacket to barely cover my ass.

2.  Wear running shorts over the tights and look like someone who is too self-conscious to wear the tights on their own.

3.  Wear pants over the tights so no one could see them.



Go ahead, take a guess as to what I did....



Did you make your guess....



Ok, I wimped out and went for option number 3!   At least they were comfortable and I appreciated the extra layer of warmth.


Does anyone else wear running tights?   Do you wear them on their own, layer, or cover up like I did??

No comments:

Post a Comment