Wednesday, February 24, 2010

First Triathlon Club Meeting

Tonight I attended my first meeting of the Palm Harbor Tri-Warriors Triathlon Club



I have been on their email list for over a year, and there is so much knowledge amongst their members, I was excited to finally make it to a meeting!

The meeting was very informal, as there was no speaker for the meeting this month, but it was so much fun to interact with a group of people with similiar interests to mine. 

I did a few sprint triathlons last summer, but my decision to sign up for St. Anthony's Olympic Triathlon on April 25th has me a little scared.  I felt much better after tonight's meeting because: 
  • Their knowledge about the sport of triathlons is priceless to someone like me who is relatively new to the sport.   They answered so many of my questions and I learned so much in just one hour.   I learned valuable information on buying a wetsuit, and what I should keep on my bike in case of a flat tire (a spare tube, a patch kit, and a pump). Good information to get me ready for all those long bike rides!
  • They do a lot of training together.  Every weekend there are bike rides, open water swims, group runs, and even mock triathlons.  I was always nervous to join them in training because I am not very fast on my bike or running.  The members assured me today that people of all abilities are welcome and now I am excited to start training with them. 

I am so glad that I found this group of people and can't wait to get to know them better!  Do you below to any clubs or organizations?  It's been a long time since I have been part of club like this that isn't related to work or school.  It's exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment