Saturday, February 27, 2010

Schedule, Snow and Good Cookin!

I cannot believe it keeps snowing here. I don't think I can remember what it was like without snow on the ground. Yesterday skiing was a success however and I am not sore! Tired, but not sore which is a good sign. I had mastered the mountain by the time we left. Time to plan a trip out west!!



Today I am making one of my favorite recipes....Pot Roast! Its 426 calories a serving and and a super easy recipe in the crock pot.

Ingredients

  • 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 5 1/2 pounds pot roast
  • Bag of baby carrots
  • One onion, chopped
  • 3 large potatoes, chopped
Its super easy and usually lasts us a few days. Its one pot of goodness! I am looking for a healthy dessert to make too. Any ideas? I might just have to modify a few recipes I already have.

I also decided today that I am not going to run the 1/2 marathon here in May. Last week was the first week that I didn't do the Jillian workouts 3 days a week and I really missed it. So I am going to pursue that goal again and run in the Aflac Iron Girl 15K race with Megan in April. That way I am enjoying my workouts and still challenging myself to run. I ran two 1/2's last year and hope to run the Columbus 1/2 in the Fall.

Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

  1. I made this before and it's good:

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/rhubarb-crumble-recipe/index.html

    I can't remember exactly how I made it, but I know I didn't use most of the flour and used some splenda. I also used individual ramekins when I made it.

    I am glad you are not sore from skiing!

    ReplyDelete