Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

Thanks for the birthday wishes Holly!  Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! 

Weekend Running Update
This weekend I took an unplanned hiatus from running.   I normally do my long runs when I first wake up on Saturday mornings, but due to the cold weather, I postponed my 9 mile run for a few hours so it would be warmer outside.   During the few hours before my run, I ate more food than I normally would if I just woke up and went running...

When I left the house to do my run, I very quickly felt sick and had bad cramps, so I decided to stop at mile 2.  I am not sure if it's due to not letting my food settle, or if I have a little bug of some sort that is making me feel sick.  I didn't feel well the rest of the day so I slept and laid around the house.  All while trying not to get frustrated that I didn't get my run done as I had planned.

I set my alarm for 7am this morning with intentions of doing my run if I was feeling better, but I still didn't feel that great, and I decided it was my birthday and I was going to skip my run!  Instead I went back to sleep for three more hours!



Birthday Day of Fun
When I woke up for the second time this morning I was feeling a little better, and knew I wanted to spend the day doing fun things with my husband.   We started off the day with brunch at one of our favorites restaurants in Dunedin, called Kelly's.  I had my usual:  yogurt with granola, a fruit cup, and the muffin of the day (which was Raspberry Nut).  It was the perfect way to start the day. 

Next, we drove south about one hour to Anna Maria Island.   We have been wanting to visit for awhile now, and decided it was a good day to make the drive. 

It was kind of cold today, but at least the sun was out and it was nice enough to walk around the beach and the small downtown area. 





Our reflections in the water from a bridge :) 



Now we are back home and I am making Magic Cookie Bars, a.k.a Five Layer Bars, since my in-laws are coming to visit tomorrow.  They are staying in a hotel near by, and I thought it would be nice to give them some cookies to keep as snacks in the hotel room.

And how I can forget to mention that we have a white cake, with white icing waiting in the fridge.  It's my favorite kind of cake and I am very excited to have a piece.  It will be the perfect end to a great birthday.

What's your favorite kind of cake?  People think I am crazy for not preferring chocolate cake, but I don't care.  White cake is the BEST!

No comments:

Post a Comment