Friday, January 29, 2010

Chocolate Cherry Goodness


Last night I decided to de-stress by baking. I tend to do this when I am super busy because it makes me feel like I can still fit everything in. I made Cooking Light's Heart Smart Chocolate Cherry Cookies. (Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke )
The recipe makes 30 cookies and as of 8am this morning, there were only about 15 left. They were AWESOME! I did go over my calories by 200 yesterday however, the cookies were well worth it and so far my only splurge of the week. Here is the nutritional breakdown which makes them even more worth while.

Nutritional Information
Calories: 94
Fat: 3.2g (sat 1.6g,mono 0.6g,poly 0.2g)
Protein: 1.5g
Carbohydrate: 15.7g
Fiber: 1.3g
Cholesterol: 10mg
Iron: 0.6mg
Sodium: 88mg
Calcium: 15mg

The other thing that amazed me about this recipe was it had very little sugar. It only called for brown sugar and a very minimal amount. I made these and cleaned up in less than an hour. I even had my laptop out and worked while they were baking! How's that for mult-tasking!

Try these out this weekend!

1 comment:

  1. These are great!! I just made them and they really hit the spot. I am passing this recipe along to others.

    ReplyDelete