Saturday, January 16, 2010

Hungry Girl Recipes

Today I tried out two Hungry Girl recipes from my "200 under 200" cookbook that Megan got me for Christmas.


I made Gooey Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Icing and Freezy Cool Whoopie Pie. The cinnamon roll recipe is attached below. They were so good they tasted like Cinnabon's and were only 126 calories. They are smaller than a Cinnabon, but amazing. They are for breakfast tomorrow but my husband and I split one. They also have 3g of protein so you are getting a little nutrition. The hardest part was rolling out the dough. When they say to press hard, they really mean it. I almost gave up!

Cinnamon Roll Recipe

The Whoopie Pie's were made out of cool whip and Vitamuffins. You can buy these at most health food stores now, however I order them online in bulk and eat them for a snack every once in a while. The chocolate ones are my favorite. The whoopie pie is simply a 100 calorie Vita-top (the top of the muffin only) sliced in half with two tablespoons of fat free coolwhip. You then make a sandwhich and put them in the freezer for an hour. Super simple! Its a 110 calorie delicious chocolate dessert.

My soreness got the best of me today so my husband and I went to see "Its Complicated" and did a lot of chores around the house. I am jealous of Megan's Twilight viewing today. LOVE that movie. Tomorrow I'll tackle my postponed run/Jillian workout Part 2 followed by some morning scrapbooking. Stay tuned for the results.

Any Hungry Girl readers out there?

No comments:

Post a Comment