Monday, January 4, 2010

Treadmill Challenge!

In coordination with Megan's blog this morning, The Florida Cold (which by the way is no where close to the current 9 degree cold we are experiencing in Ohio!), I thought I would post one of my favorite treadmill workouts that I have been using for several years. Over the past few weeks when I don't really want to run and I need something a little slower to get me started, this has always helped. This morning I modified a little (I usually add time during the Steady State or Pick Up sections) and got 4 miles in.

This was from Shape Magazine, the September 2005 edition. So it is well tested!

Cardio Countdown
Warm-Up - 5 minutes - 3 RPE
Steady State - 4 minutes - 5 RPE
Pick-Up - 3 minutes - 6 RPE
Push - 2 minutes - 7 RPE
Peak Push - 1 minute - 8-9 RPE

*Repeat Steady State, Pick-Up, Push, Peak Push and Recover once.

Cool Down - 5 minutes - 2-3 RPE

Today was my first day back at work in over 11 days! I started at a new client so I am now balancing getting adjusted to a new place and new people. I am SO tired. Getting up for spinning tomorrow morning is going to be rough. I am trying to remind myself how much better I feel during the day when I actually get up and have a good workout. The morning is the most peaceful part of the day that I have all to myself. How do you motivate yourself to get up in the cold?

1 comment:

  1. The only motivation I have to wake up in the morning for my workouts is knowing that I don't have to do them after work. Regardless of the weather, it's always hard for me to wake up early. I have heard of people sleeping in their workout clothes, but I have never taken it that far!

    ReplyDelete