Monday, January 4, 2010

The Florida Cold

It's been too cold in Florida for me to run outside the past few days, so I ran 4 miles on the treadmill this morning before work.  I was very surprised that the gym wasn't very crowded.  Maybe everyone with New Year's Resolutions to work out will be there after work?? 

The weather forecast isn't looking good for the next week here in Florida, especially considering I prefer to run in the mornings...




I started getting nervous about not running outside in this weather, because with the half marathon in February, there is a chance the weather could be cold like this.

So I ordered myself a Nike Cold Weather Running Fleece today.  Thanks to Zappos free overnight shipping,  I will have it tomorrow and can do some runs outside this week, even in the cold!

Do you exercise outside even if it's cold?  What's your favorite cold weather gear? 

3 comments:

  1. I can't do it! I barely have any normal clothes to wear in the cold let alone running clothes. I had Jon wheel the treadmill into the living room so I can run on it and watch TV. It looks super classy, but it works! That will have to do at least on the weekdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for running on the treadmill! I was dreading my 4 miles this morning on the treadmill, but it actually turned out ok. Did you start a blog yet for your training?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to love the jacket!! :)

    ReplyDelete