Sunday, January 3, 2010

57 Days Until the Gasparilla Half Marathon

Training for the half marathon has not gone well the past two weeks, but it's back on track tomorrow.  Here is my plan for the week:

Monday: Run 4 miles
Wednesday: Run 2 miles
Thursday: Run 4 miles
Saturday: Run 5 miles

I also hope to fit in one day of strength training, most likely on Wednesday since it's a short run.  I plan to try one of the free programs on Exercise TV from Holly's Healty Start On Demand post from earlier today.  What a great find!  I had no idea that was available as a part of my cable. 

Tonight I will pack my bag for the gym in the morning, and pack my lunch for tomorrow to make sure I can't find any excuses to skip the gym in the morning.

I prefer to do my workouts in the morning.  I find that when I am tired after work I can easily talk myself out of doing my planned workout.  When do you do your workouts?  Why? 

2 comments:

  1. Totally agree about working out in the morning. Exercise TV is great. I love the fact that everything is free. Even their website has a bunch of free workouts. Pretty cool. Keep it up.

    http://www.exercisetv.tv

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Robert. I did one of the exercise tv workouts this morning. It was great!

    ReplyDelete