Sunday, January 24, 2010

Productive Day - Part 2

This weekend was one of those weekends where I just needed to push through to fit everything in. My work schedule has been a little demanding lately so most of this weekend was spent catching up unfortunately with work.

Yesterday I did manage to fit in my Jillian workout. The 3rd one of the week so I met my goal this week! This is the third time I have done the Metabolism Boost workout on Exercise TV. I made myself do every move at the level they showed it this time and while I almost passed out (I say that every time), I got through it. I am still amazed how hard and challenging a 55 minute workout in your living room can be without weights. Maybe after 3 more times this week I will be a pro!

I also made a trip to my favorite store, Trader Joes. I picked up some new versions of my favorites. This weekend was about efficiency so I just stuck to what I have used/made before.



1. Clementines - A great snack!
2. Baby Broccoli - Eating for dinner tonight)
3. My staple breakfast - Greek Yogurt
4. Lara Bars - Trying a new flavor, Cashew Cookie!
5. Monterey Jack Cheese Sticks - I usually get swiss but thought for 80 calories I couldn't pass this up...
6. Lowfat Granola - Another breakfast staple, this time berry instead of pumpkin.
7. Green Protein - This is a new version of my "green juice" with extra protein. We'll see how it goes.

Of course today for my planned run it rained, so it was the treadmill and yoga for me. I ran 3 miles in 30 minutes with a 5 minute warm-up and then a 25 minute yoga routine on Exercise TV again. This one was my favorite. It was called yoga.sunset (I couldn't find the link online). It was a great after run stretch. I highly recommend it. It actually takes place on the beach so the woman teaching it is a silhouette, but if you know the basic poses you can follow.

Tomorrow its back to Jillian and back to work. I tried some of Megan's recipes this weekend so we will be eating those all week. We made both the Laughing Cow Chicken and the Potato Soup!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you like the recipes! Did you notice we were wearing the same Livestrong shirt today !?! I guess it's not that big of a coincidence because I have two of them and wear them all the time!

    ReplyDelete