Tuesday, January 26, 2010

To Run or Not To Run....

The past two weeks I have been focused on by 31 day challenge to lose a few pounds and increase my weight/circuit training. I have tried two workouts so far the Metabolism Boost and the 30 Day Shed. The 30 Day Shed on Exercise TV is only 25 minutes (they have multiple versions), but let me tell you, its just as hard. I had no idea you could sweat that much in such a short amount of time.

I have a long term goal to run a 1/2 marathon each year as a way to maintain my fitness level, however I can't decide when to sign-up for one! I have really been enjoying the flexiblity of changing my workouts around and not being tied to a training schedule. Plus my work schedule has been a little demanding. There is a 1/2 marathon in May and October in Columbus.

Should I sign-up for one in May or wait until October? My training would begin next week if I choose the one in May, although I am a little ahead of the Beginner schedule because of my current challenge.

The last 1/2 I ran I did the intermediate schedule and hated it. I loved the interval training but missed my cross-training days. Does anyone have any schedules that include more cross-training?

I love the feeling when you work so hard towards a goal, plus I have some cute running clothes that are waiting for me to run outside in...is that motivation enough? I guess I will have to decide soon!!

1 comment:

  1. I chose to do my half marathon in February based on the weather the 3 months I would be training. I would much rather train in the winter in Florida than the summer when it's too hot to comfortably run outside. So I would consider whether you want to train in March thru May, or Aug thru Oct.

    I am sure you will make the right decision whatever you decide!

    ReplyDelete