Friday, January 29, 2010

Thankful


Today I am thankful for many things...

My wonderful husband who is so supportive of me, and always willling to try any new recipe that I make (and sometimes they are really bad!) 





My wonderful friends and family!! 

(too many of them to add pictures!)

My wonderful cats...and the fact that Timmy and Max are both so excited when I fill the food bowl that they share and eat at the same time...























And I can't forget about Chandler and Ross, because they are wonderful too...



I am also thankful that I live in such a beautiful place that feels like vacation every weekend!! 


Why all the sappiness today?  Well, I found out today that I am being laid off from my job, and my last day of work is in May.  I am not surprised by this, but it's still strange to actually have this in writing.  I am not happy with my job right now anyway, so I am looking at this as a positive thing in my life, and I really hope that something better is waiting for me down the road. 


Due to the news that we got at work today, we were told to go home and take the rest of the day off.  So I headed straight for the beach!!  It seemed like a perfect way to relax and let the news settle in. 





It was kind of chilly, but still nice to be outside and get some fresh air.  I kept busy reading Runners World, which happen to come in the mail today.  Talk about perfect timing.





I even had a few annoying seagulls to keep me company.




Now it's time to continue on with weekend and prepare myself for my 8 mile run in the morning!

1 comment:

  1. That stinks Megan! I know everything will work out though! You rock and will be awesome at anything you do! I know this!!!

    ReplyDelete