Friday, January 22, 2010

TGIF!

I worked from home today, so I was able to cook myself a healthy lunch.  I wanted to try a new recipe - a chicken breast cooked in lemon juice and EVOO and stuffed with vegetables.

.This recipe called for shredded carrots and onions, so I decided to use the shredding disc on my food processor.  It actually worked really well, except for the few pieces of carrots that didn't get shredded all the way.























Here is the final outcome..  I actually wasn't very impressed with it, so I am glad I only cooked one piece of chicken as a trial run.   It tasted ok but I just didn't care for the carrot and chicken combination.  I also added mozzarella cheese to the top, instead of the feta that was in the recipe.   I liked the cheese part :)























I hoped to get some organizing done around the house after I was finished working, but I ended up working late and now it's time to shower (yes, I am still in my pj's!) and get ready to go out to dinner tonight.   My house is pretty well organized but I have one room where all the junk ends up, and it's starting to get to me.   It will be a low key night so I am rested for my 7 mile run in the morning

If you try a new recipe that you don't end up liking, do you force yourself to eat the leftovers?    I do, unless it's really really bad or burnt.  But otherwise I usually suffer through eat it because I feel guilty throwing it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment