Friday, January 1, 2010

Enough food for a month

Today was a day of marathon cooking.  It's so nice to have food in the house again! 

Because I am cooking for only two people, I cook in bulk and freeze most of the food.  Every few days, we take a few items out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge, and then we reheat the food in the microwave.  I use Pyrex glass dishes with a plastic lid.  The glass pyrex containers are oven-safe, freezer-safe, mircowave-safe, and dishwasher-safe.  These are similar to what I use:  Pyrex glass cookware


I love them!

Here is what I made today...

Taco Meat
I used two pounds of ground sirloin (90% lean/10% fat) and two packets of taco seasoning.   I prefer to use lean ground beef (93% lean/7% fat) but Publix was out of it today.

Laughing Cow Chicken
I used two pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts.  In the original package, this was only 3 HUGE chicken breasts.  I asked the butcher to slice eat one horizontally to make them thinner, and I ended up with 6 pieces.   I pound each piece to make it even thinner.   Top with one piece of ham, and a piece of laughing cow light swiss cheese.  Roll up and secure with a toothpick.  Sprinkle top with Shake N Bake.  Bake at 400 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.

Potato Soup
I used four pounds of red potatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces.  This is the general recipe that I used, although I put approx one pound of potatoes in the food processor after they are cooked, and then add them back to the pot.  This will help to thicken the soup.  I also add canadian bacon. 

Weight Watchers Moroccon Stew
This is from Holly's Winter Stew post.

Pork Tenderloin
I cooked two pounds of pork tenderloin in three separate containers.  Each one was rubbed in EVOO and then I add sliced garlic into slits in the top of the tenderloin.  I bake in the oven until the temperature reaches 150 degrees. 

Whew, I think that's it.  What a day!  Now I can rest and watch the rest of the Rose Bowl.

No comments:

Post a Comment