Thursday, January 7, 2010

Proactive Planning

This week has been a LONG week. New year, new client, new schedule. Too many changes to process. Anyways, I knew coming into this week that it would be tough and I did a few things to help me prepare and stick to a healthy schedule.

1. I packed my lunch on Sunday for everyday this week. You can see I am going lighter on the carbs to make up for some of those Christmas cookies, but I packed veggies, apples and ham/cheese roll-ups. I had enough to last me for the week which made late night lunch packing less painful. Each day I just had to add breakfast (which I eat in the car after the gym) and my snack.


2. My husband made this AWESOME trail mix. While I can't take credit for planning for this, it has saved me during the day when my schedule is too crazy to sit down and eat. I just grab a few bites and go. I originally packed it as my afternoon snack because you have to watch calories with this, but I ended up eating bits and pieces of it all day.

Trail Mix Recipe
- Bag of mixed nuts (We got a big jar from Sam's Club)
- Several bags of dried fruits (We used apricots, bing cherries, cranberries, yellow raisins and bananas all from Trader Joes.)
- Sesame sticks (Also from Trader Joe's)

3. I have stuck to my morning workouts. I took today off, but getting it done in the morning allows me not to stress or worry about it later in the day and gives me more time to work, which unfortunately is much needed time this week.

4. I have gone to bed early. Instead of watching my favorite show, The Biggest Loser live, I taped it and watched it a day late. I am still tired but haven't fallen off the wagon which I usually do pretty quickly when I get tired.

5. I look forward to Thursday nights. Its breakfast night in our house and tonight is whole wheat pancakes and turkey sausage. I am going to be eating eggs and turkey sausage because I consumed a little too much trail mix this afternoon and want to stick to my calories, however its still fun to change it up. I still log all my calories on Livestrong so I know exactly how much I can eat.

Scrapbooking has taken a backseat in my priorities, however I am hoping to find a fun layout to scrapbook my last 1/2 marathon this weekend. This was the Sprit of Columbus 1/2 that took place in August. Does anyone have any good ideas for a sporty layout?

Its almost Friday. One more day of packed lunches and early a.m. workouts. What do you do to keep yourself on track?

TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment