Thursday, January 14, 2010

Jillian's Beatdown

Part 2 -
I woke up this morning thankful that it was my last 5am wake-up call for the week and that I wasn't sore! I cannot believe I am not sore from the workout yesterday however I did fall asleep on the couch at 8:45. The workout really did kick my butt!

The idea of Jillian's workout and the same concept she uses in her 30 Day Shred book is circuit training. You confuse the muscles by switching between groups quickly. We started with a warm-up and then did 6-8 circuits (I lost count at the end) two times each. There were NO breaks between the circuits. Some of the moves included...

- Jumping Jacks
- Kickboxing
- Burbees
- Mountain Climbers
- Planks
- Lunges

Individually these moves can be challenging (Burbees get me every time), but when you heart rate is already up it is even more difficult. You didn't need any weights or equipment. Just your body.

Since I am feeling good today after running 2 miles and doing an arms/abs/glutes class at the gym, my goal tomorrow is to run outside (a nice 42 degrees hopefully) and take another challenge with Jillian. I am still bothered that the gym is SO crowded. Sunday is rest and scrapbook day so you can look for some more layouts!

Still working on my next challenge....What are your goals for the weekend?
TGIF!!

Part 1
For all of you Biggest Loser fans out there, I did Jillian Michael's Metabolism Boost on Exercise TV this morning, aka the morning beatdown.

Let me leave with a few highlights...
- 705 calories in 58 minutes (I added a mile run to the beginning thinking it wouldn't be hard enough...bad idea there.)
- I no longer think I am in shape. I could barely keep up.
- If you had Jillian at your side for the duration of the Biggest Loser, you to would lose 100 lbs. I am amazed how motivated she was through the TV!
- I am not sure I will be able to walk tomorrow we did so many squats and pliometrics. Not to mention two rounds of kickboxing!

Has anyone tried one of her workouts? I have her 30 day Shred book. Perhaps I should finishing reading it!! I will post a full review later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment