Friday, January 1, 2010

A look ahead at 2010

Holly
I am adding on to Megan's post because I have been "looking ahead" today as well. I started out by taking measurements and pictures of my 1/1/10 (post holiday) body. (Not quite ready to post those!) My goal is to work towards a 10 lb weight loss (what I weighed in the 1/2 marathon pics below) and hopefully see a difference in my muscle mass. I have been lifting a lot and am convinced that I can look more defined if I actually watch how much I eat (calorie wise). After the measurements I put on my new Nike Cold Weather Jacket and hit the road in the snow. I am a little obsessed with my new jacket. I was so comfortable and the built in gloves came in handy. Nike definitely knows what they are doing. I didn't feel any wind and in 22 degrees that is a definite bonus!

I am not sure of my race schedule yet or my other goals, but today seems like a good start. I tend to do better with short term challenges anyways. My birthday is in February so my goal is to be as fit as possible by the time I am 31! (or at least the same as I was last year!!) Here's to a healthy year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR and GO BUCKS!

Megan
I enjoyed a nice New Years Eve with Christian at a local bar in Dunedin. We sat outside most of the evening:






We paid a flat rate to get into the bar, and then we were able to help ourselves to unlimited beer from the 40 taps behind the bar. It was a lot of fun!


Resolutions
I am not big on New Years Resolutions, but I do have one thing in mind for this year, which is a healthier approach to eating. Looking back at various times in 2009, I was either eating really healthy, or I was completely off the wagon and eating processed, unhealthy, fattening foods. My goal for 2010 is to find a balance between the two.


Lucky for me, my first edition of Cooking Light arrived yesterday:





The plan for the day is to cook a lot of food (we have nothing after being gone for a week). So far on the list is Meatloaf, Potato Soup, Holly's Moroccan Stew, and Laughing Cow Chicken. I will find one more recipe in Cooking Light.


Looking ahead to 2010
To keep myself motivated for workouts, I like to sign up for races. This is also a great way to challenge myself to try new things.


Here is what is planned so far for 2010:
This will be my second half marathon, and this time I hope to improve my time, and complete the race feeling strong. For my first half marathon, Holly practically carried me over the finish line. She is such a great friend!







The St Anthony's Triathlon will be the biggest challenge for me of the races I have planned. This is an Olympic distance triathlon, which will be new for me. The race is a 1.5K swim, 40K bike, and 10K run. My goal is to complete the triathlon and not be last :) The swim is much longer than I have done in past triathlons, so as soon as the half marathon is over, I will be spending a lot of time in the pool.


The Muddy Buddy is just for fun, and Christian and I will do it together. Nothing like bonding with the husband in a mud pit!! I have never seen or done the Muddy Buddy, but have been reading about it for some time and decided it's finally time to give it a try. Each person will bike about 3 miles and run about 3 miles, go through 5 obstacles, and then crawl through the mud pit at the end. Should be fun!!


Go Buckeyes!! I can't wait to watch the Rose Bowl today!




No comments:

Post a Comment