Monday, January 11, 2010

I Finally Bought the Wii Fit Plus

I purchased the Wii Fit when it first came out, and I never ended up using it very often for two main reasons:

1.  You had to return to the main menu for each yoga and strength exercise.  This meant you had to hold the wii remote during the exercises, and it was hard to get into the "flow" of a workout, when every two minutes you had to go back to the prior menu and choose your next exercise.  It moved very slowly and I would always get frustrated and give up.

2.  When playing the games on the Wii Fit, there was no multi-player mode.  Again, you had to go back to the main menu to switch  players, and then navigate all the way back to the game. 

The good news, is that both of these have been fixed with the new Wii Fit Plus!  For only $20, I could buy the disk to upgrade to the new features.  It also converted all my prior Wii Fit data into the new version, which was nice.  Here is my Mii, Meg.  It just happen to be my 600th day since I got I started the original Wii Fit. 























Some features of the new Wii Fit Plus are:

1.  You can now make a customized routine of exercises and they will play continually.  Last night I tried 22 minutes of yoga exercises, and it was great.  I didn't even have to hold the wii remote for anything, it just kept taking me through the exercises.  It also tells you how many calories you burned, but I will continue to rely on my Heart Rate monitor to tell me that.

2.  There is multi player mode for the games, and it's easy to switch between players. 

3.  You can now weigh in your pets too!  One of our cats recently lost a lot of weight, and I promised the vet that I would weigh him monthly.  I haven't been doing it, so maybe this will be enough motivation for me to keep up with it.  Here is Ross' weigh in.  There are a few patterns and colors when creating the cats, but not many. 

























Here is our Wii Fit Family now, and yes, we really do have four cats:























Isn't that cool that it shows me doing Yoga because I had just finished the yoga exercises?  I love the details like that!  My husband is in the green...are you wondering who is in blue?  That's Barack Obama.  We used him in the original Wii Fit for when guests were at our house and they wanted to try the games.  My husband and I are too competitive to let them use our characters.  He was yawning and falling asleep in this picture since he hasn't done any exercise in a long time.

Aren't the cats so cute!?   They are appearing in the games too.  I was cycling and one of the cats was running along side of me. 

I still have a lot to explore, with the new games and exercises, but I definitely feel that I will use the Wii Fit again with the upgrades that have been made.   Plus I got some extra motivation because the Wii Fit told me I gained 10 pounds since my last weigh in - oops!!

Do you think the Wii Fit is good exercise?  Have you lost any weight or seen any other benefits?

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! I think I'll be asking for this on my Birthday. We've had the Wii fit for a while and I could never really get into it because it didn't really flow and didn't feel like it was a hard workout. I think Lundy would look really handsome as a Wii me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica - You can come over and check out the Wii Fit Plus if you want, but I think it's a great deal for only $20!

    ReplyDelete