Saturday, January 16, 2010

Saturday Morning 6 Miles

Yesterday I opened my new Kitchenaid Artisan Mixer which arrived in the mail earlier this week.

Even Timmy and Max were excited:






















And here she is....






















Yes, I got white which is so boring, I know!  But I didn't want some color that didn't match my kitchen, and I heard these last forever, so who knows what my kitchen will look like in 20 years!    I can't believe how heavy this mixer is. 

Hopefully I will get a chance to use the mixer this weekend.  Yesterday I also made Wild Rice Turkey Bake to take to a friend's house.  They just had a baby, so I figured they could use some extra food in the freezer :) 

And on to today's run...

This morning I woke up 9:30am, and I could have fallen back asleep, but I knew I had to get up and do my 6 mile run. I ate a few almonds and checked the radar, and there was a lot of rain headed this way. I knew I had to get dressed and get out the door fast!


The run was good. I haven't run outside in almost a month, so I didn't even mind the wind and chance of rain. I did get lucky and I didn't even get rained on! My time was 1:12:30, which included a few walking breaks to drink water, and I also had one Gu packet around 3.5 miles.

I often find myself thinking negative thoughts while running, such as I can't do the whole distance, or getting frustrated that I am tired or out of breath.  Today I really tried to focus on the positive things, such as being excited that I was running outside and I am lucky to live in such a great place like Florida where I can be outside in the winters.  I also have to keep reminding myself that I chose to sign up for this half marathon, and I should be excited about my runs to prepare for it.

Now I am watching Twilight and going through weeks of mail while relaxing on the sofa.   Tomorrow I am going to see New Moon with my friend Shelley :) 

Are you a fan of Twilight?  Have you read the books and seen the movies?

No comments:

Post a Comment