Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Random Thoughts

Running for the Week
I completed my 4.5 mile run Monday before work, and will do another 4.5 miles on Thursday morning.  Saturday morning I am planning to run 8 miles.  That sounds long, but I know my training will pay off and I will be able to do it.  I stocked up on Luna Moons for my next few runs.  I love the pomegraante flavor  - Yum!

Lately I have been thinking about buying a running water back pack, but I really don't know anything about them.  On my morning runs, I have to stick to a certain area that has water fountains, but I often wish I didn't have to worry about that.  I do have a Nike water bottle waist pack, but I have to wear it on my actual waist, which feels really high up and uncomfortable, and the single bottle is heavy on my back when it's full.   I am hoping to do some research this week and try to learn more about them and see if it will fit what I need.


Triathlon Training
I have not done well with using my cross training days for biking and swimming, but I am not stressed about the triathlon training (yet).  I have been thinking about buying a wetsuit since the water temperature will still be chilly in April.  It's another thing on my list to research since there seem like so many options.


Yoga
Tomorrow I am going to my first ever yoga class!  I am really uncoordinated and so not flexible, but I feel like I can try anything at least once.  I am going with my friend Jessica, so at least I will have some moral support while I am there.   Thanks Jessica!! :)  


My Reality TV Addiction
Tonight I watched last night's episode of the Bachelor and today's The Biggest Loser.  Whew - that is a lot of really bad reality tv, but I am hooked!    I can't believe Jake is sending home so many women - he must have really strong feelings for one or a few of the women that still remain.  So far I really like Ali, she is my favorite.

The Biggest Loser has always been on of my favorite shows because I find it so motivating (even though I know some of their tactics are not the healthiest) but there seems to be a lot of fighting this season.  I hope as the group gets smaller, people start to focus more on their weight loss and less on the drama.    And the product placement ads are really starting to get to me, but I still watch so I guess it's not that bad. 


Do you watch any reality shows?  What is your favorite one?

6 comments:

  1. I love the Biggest Loser! None of the contestants this season really appeal to me, though, except for Sam and Koi. Everyone else comes across as mean, fake and unlikable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am obsessed with the Biggest Loser! My fiance and I watch it religiously. In the beginning, I loved the red team, and now I can't stand them. I can't believe she is flat-out lying...and denying it so much that she keeps crying about her "integrity". Also, the green team is driving me nuts. I'm glad at least one of them went home. They are ALWAYS angry, and it's very annoying. Did you see Miggy keep telling Migdalia not to cry?

    Sorry - I get really into the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The green and red teams are driving me nuts too! I don't have a favorite team or person yet, which is unusual for me...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck at your first yoga class! You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yoga was great, thanks! It was a "Yoga Basics" class so it was a great way to start, and the instructor talked through every move the whole class, which was really helpful. I will try to post more about it tonight.
    P.S. Caitlin - I love your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete