Tuesday, March 9, 2010

When to Rest?

So the past two days I have come down with some sort of cold/sinus infection which has really brought me down. I knew I was fighting something but usually I can fight it off. This time however my sore throat has now become a full fledged cold with body aches and pains.

I get so frustrated when I am sick because I want to do everything at a normal pace. I know a cold is your bodies way of telling you to get rest, but when is the right time to rest? For me, there is really no time!

I took yesterday off from working out and made sure I ate healthy and went to bed early. Today I slept in as well. The weather is actually nice in Ohio this week (almost 60 degrees yesterday) so I am going to try to get a quick run in this afternoon after work. Sometimes just being outside makes me feel better.

If you are sick, how do you determine if you should workout? I am on my second green monster for the week so I am also hoping that spinach power kicks in! If you haven't tried Catlin's recipe you should...its great!

My adjusted weekly workout is as follows:
Mon: Rest
Tues: Run 2 miles/Jillian
Wed: Metabolism Boost
Thursday: Run 5 miles
Friday: Run 3 miles/Jillian
Saturday: 4 Mile St. Patricks Day Race
Sunday: Spinning (A two hour class this week! Hopefully I am up for it!)

I am supposed to be up to 7 miles for my 15K training but given I have been sick I am cutting back this week with the hope that next week I can catch up. I am starting to love the 15K mileage, its just past my comfort zone (5-6 miles) but enough of  a challenge that I have to plan my workouts. Whats your favorite race?

No comments:

Post a Comment