Monday, March 8, 2010

Healthy Eats at Disney World

Yesterday my husband and I spent the afternoon at the Magic Kingdom.  We have annual passes, so we can make the 90 minute drive, park for free, spend a few hours in the park and come home.  It feels "free" but really we already paid for the annual pass.  It still makes for a nice afternoon!

The entrance to the Magic Kingdom...

 
Cinderella's Castle while walking up Main Street USA...



Since moving to Florida and having our Disney annual passes, Space Mountain has always been closed any other time we were at the Magic Kingdom.  So today that was our first stop.



Recently it was refurbished, and all I  knew is that it was supposed to be darker inside now while on the ride.  I remember riding Space Mountain in the 90's and being able to see the track the whole time.  

Here we are, ready to start.  They still have the single seat cars that they used to have. 


I am happy to report that the ride was much darker this time!  It was fun to be in the dark and not know where we were going.  A few times I stuck my hand up to take pictures, and I would get nervous since I didn't know if there was anything above me or not.


This is the picture they took of us on the ride...

The girl in the front looks bored, I am taking a video of the ride, and my husband looks like he is screaming, and I can attest to the fact that he was.  Well, more of a laugh/scream, but it was funny whatever it was.


Next up was the Buzz Lightyear ride.  We had a bet on who could get the highest score (you are shooting at targets the whole ride) so we were both concentrating...




I lost big time, so I think I had a defective shooter gun on my side.  LOL

After a few rides we stopped for our healthy lunch that I packed. 



It was so nice to have food from home, plus we didn't have to spend $20 on lunch.   For lunch I had a sandwich on whole wheat bread with turkey, cucumbers, and spinach, and a side of grapes and the remaining cucumbers.  Dessert was one cookie :) 

We didn't even get to most of the grapes, so they became our afternoon snack while we were still in the park. 

We ended the day with a ride of the Riverboat, which was actually pretty boring.  But at least now we know not to do it again! 


Tomorrow I will be planning my workout schedule for the week.  I am still nervous to run, but I will find some other ways to get in my cardio.  I also have the St. Anthony's Triathlon coming up at the end of April, and I was planning to start my training this week.  I am not sure that's going to happen, as I am still waiting for my knee to heal.   

Only time will tell what's in store for the next few months.  I just need to stay flexible and stay positive, and I am sure everything will work itself out. 

2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for two far away friends to put a blog together! Love the disney land post. I grew up in southern california with a disneyland pass so all that stuff is so nastalgic. You're so lucky to live close to Mickey! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lindsey - I am glad you like our blog :)

    I am very fortunate to live so close to Mickey. It's nice to go to the park for a few hours and not feel the pressure to see everything at one time since we know we can go back!

    ReplyDelete