Tuesday, March 2, 2010

15K Training

Last night I realized that not only was it March 1st, but also a mere 6 weeks away until the 15k. So I put together a new training schedule. I love the first of the month because to me it represents a new start. Each month I print out a new calendar with my workout goals. Sometimes its blank and I fill it in as I go, othertimes it has a specific training regime. This time I filled it in with the 15K training I plan to accomplish. There were a few things I want to incorporate in my training...

1. 3 Core Jillian Workouts (including one Metabolism Boost - the hard 47 minute one)
2. Spinning once a week
3. Yoga

I had a hard time fitting the yoga in but am going to count it as a Jillian workout once my new Jillian Hot Yoga DVD gets here in the mail. (Yes, I know, I am still obsessed with her workouts, but they work!!)

This week my workout looks like this...

Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Metabolism Boost (Jillian)
Wednesday - Run 4 miles
Thursday - Run 2 miles/Jillian
Friday - Jillian
Saturday - Run 4 miles
Sunday - Spinning

I took my running days from the Hal Higdon Intermediate schedule. It really jumps around a lot which I like. Some weeks are much harder than others. Next week is brutal, but at least I am easing my way into things.

http://www.halhigdon.com/15Ktraining/15Kintsch.htm

I am excited the Biggest Loser is back on tonight as well. This is when it starts to get exciting (at least I hope so!)

No comments:

Post a Comment