Tuesday, March 16, 2010

How Much is Too Much?

I have planned out my workouts for the rest of week.  It's "crunch time" now that I know I have only 41 days until the triathlon.   I am going to wait and see how this week goes before planning out the rest of my training.  I don't know how much is too much, and I don't want to get burnt out.

This week will be:
  • Monday:  Swim 1 mile (done!)
  • Tuesday: Run 4 miles
  • Wednesday: Yoga and/or Cardio Tennis after work
  • Thursday: Rest
  • Friday: Swim 1 mile
  • Saturday: Run 5 miles (still working towards the 15K on April 10)
  • Sunday: Bike 15 miles
This puts me at two days of swimming, two days of running, and one day of biking for the week.  Plus Wednesday will be a cross training day.  I really want to run 3 days a week, but I will proceed with caution this week and see how it goes. 

Because I do my hardest training on the weekends, I would prefer that Friday be my rest day.  But, Thursdays are notoriously bad days for me, when I tend to skip workouts, so I am making Thursday my rest day.  At least I know myself well enough to plan accordingly :)

It's almost time to leave work and go for my run! 

No comments:

Post a Comment