Monday, March 15, 2010

Modifications

As promised, here is how I modified Rachely Ray's Tortilla Bread Pudding recipe.


First, I browned the onions in Flax Seed Oil. I have been trying to use this in recipes where I don't think you will notice the taste. I also preheated the oven and greased the 8x8 baking dish. I substituted Lean Turkey Italian Sausage in place of Chorizo.


I then took all the remaining ingredients (corn, tortillas, milk, eggs) and threw them in the food processor. I used egg beaters instead of eggs, skim milk and whole wheat tortillas. I only used 1 cup of skim milk given its a lot less thick than whole milk.

I combined everything in the sauce pan, stirred and then baked for 25 minutes. The end results was delicious! We ate 1/2 of it last night and the other half for dinner tonight. 


This is the picture from the Rachel Ray magazine, mine was pretty close!

This week I am back on track from my sickness last week. I cannot tell you how much better I feel. Like a new person! According to the 15K schedule I am supposed to run 6 miles tomorrow. I am pretty sure that is not going to happen so I am aiming for 4 and a quick 20 minute Jillian workout on Exercise TV. My goal is to run 7 this weekend to get back on the schedule. 

Here's to a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment