Sunday, March 14, 2010

Back to Healthy!


After 6 days of not working out (the longest I have gone in 3 years!), two ear infections and a sinus infection, I mustered up what strength I had left and convinced myself to run yesterday in Columbus's St Patricks Day 4 Mile Race. I was a little nervous about how the run would feel, not to mention it was pouring ran! As I was waiting in line to start, I just decided to just get it done! Apparently that was the best thing to do because I finished in my best time ever - 35 minutes and 49 seconds. That isn't the official time, but for me its a personal best.


I think these results just prove that if you continue to lead a healthy lifestyle and take care of yourself, its amazing what your body can do. I am pretty tired today and my hips are sore, so I am going to do some yoga and take it easy. Tomorrow its back on track for the 15K training.

In addition, I discovered a cool planning tool at Target.

I always plan our meals for the week but this lets you plan what days you are going to eat what for two meals a day. I used one column for breakfast and the other for dinner. I am hoping this will help me better manage the days I need to cook and the days we are eating leftovers. Today I am making Tortilla Bread Pudding.

This is a Rachel Ray $10 or less meal, and is pretty high in fat. I am not sure how I am going to modify it yet, but will post the modifications once I figure out what works!

No comments:

Post a Comment