Saturday, March 6, 2010

Trial Run

I woke up this morning, excited for my first run since the half marathon last week.


Unfortunately my knee that I injured during the race last weekend started to hurt right away.  I decided there was no reason to push myself, so I came back home and will give it a few more days rest.  I am also trying to decide whether to break down and go to the doctor next week so I can get a real diagnosis. 

Once back home, I decided to do a little cooking.  I bought a bag of peppers at the grocery on Thursday, and I know they usually don't last very long, so I decided to make stuffed peppers.


First, I cut the tops off and boiled them for about 5 minutes.



While the peppers were boiling, I browned 1/2 pound of lean ground beef, and added the following:

I put a little pasta sauce on the bottom of the pan, and then stuffed each pepper with the filling, and cooked 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.




I always cook in individual containers, so I can freeze the leftovers.  That way I don't have to eat the same thing for 4 days straight :)    I had one of these for lunch, and they were good, but next time I need to add some more spices.   I don't usually cook without a recipe, so considering I was just throwing together what I had, they didn't turn out too bad.


Tomorrow I am going to Disney World for the day with my husband.  I have already packed our lunches (sandwiches on whole wheat bread, grapes, and pretzels) and will also bring carrots, grapes, and popcorn in the car for snacks.   It's about 90 minutes each way from our house, so it's not too far of a drive, but it's still nice to have a few snacks. 

Tomorrow also happens to the be the Princess Half Marathon at Disney, so I am excited to see all the finishers at the parks with their medals!  

No comments:

Post a Comment