Friday, March 12, 2010

Weekend Plans

TGIF!

We didn't get many responses to our reader poll yesterday.  Please stop and say hello if you get a chance.  We received one suggestion to post on using the Garmin Forerunner, and I will post that very soon.  Thanks for the idea!

So the planner in me likes to look ahead to the weekend, and set some goals for myself in what I want to get accomplished over the weekend.  

This weekend's list is looking like this:
  • Run at least 3 miles, depending on how I feel. I think I am finally recovered from the Gasparilla Half Marthon.
  • Do at least one session of yoga, most likely at home with either Jillian Michaels:Yoga Meltdown DVD(read Holly's review here), or something on Exercise TV.
  • Figure out a workout schedule for the upcoming weeks as I train for the Iron Girl 15K.  It's looking like I may not do the triathlon as originally planned on April 24th, but I really need to decide for sure this weekend.  I got a few workouts in this week with no set schedule, but it works better for me to know in advance what my workouts will be for the week. 
  • Go through the huge pile of mail that has been gathering the past two weeks.
  • Laundry (and lots of it)! 
  • Grocery shopping, and some cooking.  I probably shouldn't have told my grandmother I was going to mail her cookies, because now I have to actually make them :)
  • Have a "fun day" with my husband.  I think we may go back to Disney for the day like we did last weekend.
  • See friends tonight and Saturday night in Dunedin :)
I am getting tired just looking at that list, but at least I have a goal for the weekend, and if it all doesn't get done, then that's ok too.

Do you make lists for the weekend like I do, or do you take a "spur of the moment" approach? 

2 comments:

  1. hi! i just wanted to stop by and say hi to a fellow bay area-er! I saw on Caitlin's blog that you're doing St. Anthony's, so am I! Just wanted to stop by and say hi! Don't give up on your training!!!! I am not sure I'm ready for it either but YOU CAN DO IT IF I CAN!!! :) I'm just sayin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christie! I am getting excited about the race, but just so nervous about the swim. I did a 1/3 mile swim last summer, but that's the longest I have done. I am going to the gym to swim in the morning and then I will have a better idea of how much work I need to do on swimming before the race.

    ReplyDelete