Saturday, March 13, 2010

I'm Bacckkk


I woke up this morning dehydrated and hungry.  That's never a good way to start the day.


My husband I had dinner at a bar last night, so I had a few nachos as an appetizer while we waited for our friends to arrive, and as a result of eating nachos, I ordered a salad (with no protein) for dinner because I felt guilty for eating nachos.  That was a bad decision.  Add to the fact that I had 4 beers throughout the night, I am pretty sure that explains how I felt the way that I did this morning :)

I decided a green monster would be the perfect way to start the day and get some healthy food into my system.  Today I used a whole banana, skim milk, vanilla yogurt, and approx two cups of spinach.  I really like having the yogurt added for some extra thickness.  I was still hungry later in the morning so I also made a bowl of oatmeal (just instant oats and water and a little sugar -- boring, I know).

Now on to the fun stuff...I ran 3 miles this afternoon and it felt great!  I missed you running, and I am happy to be back!

I was really surprised how "hard" the 3 miles felt today, but I am still happy with my run and I am pretty sure once I get back to running 3 days a week, that my endurance will come back to me quickly.

Remember that long list of things I wanted to get accomplished this weekend?  So far, so good.  Next up is grocery shopping and cooking!

What are your plans for the day?  

No comments:

Post a Comment