Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Green Monster + Raspberries = Brown Monster

Snack Time

I normally do most of my grocery shopping on the weekend, but somehow this weekend I never made it to the store.  As a result, I have very limited food in the house and I had to improvise to make a Green Monster.



See that huge bag of spinach?  I bought that at Costco last Thursday, and I am disappointed that it's already starting to get slimy.  This weekend I did take a lot of the spinach and wash it and freeze it, so I am hoping I can use that for my Green Monsters for the rest of the week.  Even if I have to throw away the remains of this bag, it was still way cheaper than buying the spinach at the regular grocery.   Next time I will be more proactive about freezing the spinach before it goes bad so I don't have to throw any away!

Tonight I decided to chance it and use the slimy spinach since I can't really taste it anyway.  Plus work kind of sucks right now so I wouldn't mind if I had to take a sick day tomorrow :)

I only had 1/2 of a small banana, so I decided to add some raspberries that I had in the freezer, along with 1 cup of milk.

The result...a Brown Monster instead of a Green Monster!  

It wasn't even worthy of a picture :)

The raspberries tasted ok, but I probably won't add them again.  Next time I buy bananas, I will cut up a few and put them in the freezer so they are ready for my next Green Monster.  I also like having something from the freezer to make them cold like a smoothie.

Workout Update
I still have not had a good run since the half marathon that was now 9 days ago.   My only attempt at running was this past Saturday, and my knee still hurt so I came back home.  I really miss running, and I still want to do the Iron Girl 15K with Holly in April, so I am going to give it another try tomorrow morning and see how it goes.   The plan is to run 1 mile and see how I feel afterward.    Keep your fingers crossed that it goes well!!!

Are you currently training for any races or events?  What keeps you motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment