Thursday, March 4, 2010

How much is a gym membership worth?

So I offically have quite the the gym! I am not really sure how I feel about this yet, but we'll see how it goes. Lately my schedule demands have really changed my workout times so I have been doing more at home than usual. Given the high monthly fee, we decided that one class every week wasn't worth the monthly family membership. Plus, I hoping the weather gets warmer and I can do a lot more outside!! My at home workout plan now includes the following:

- Jillian Metabolism Boost DVD (They took it off Exercise TV!)
- Jillian Yoga (Still waiting on the DVD to be delivered)
- Running
- Exercise TV/Random Workout DVD's
- Spinning (At the rec center, you don't have to be a member!)

SO, I am hoping that my $16 DVD purchases will be worth it now that we are saving our monthly gym fee. I unpacked my gym bag for the first time in two years! Actually getting ready at home in the morning is a big change, but so far I am embracing it and really enjoy it.

Change is good, we'll see how long I last! I am still trying to figure out how much is a gym membership really worth?

2 comments:

  1. ExerciseTV is DEFINITELY cheeper than a gym membership! And where else can you get Jillian Michaels as your personal trainer? Keep up the hard work! Check out more free workout videos at www.exercisetv.tv!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ladies,

    Good news! We are interested in having you blog for us at ExerciseTV. Please send your contact information to allisonw@exercisetv.tv so we can get you started.

    ReplyDelete