Monday, December 28, 2009

Winter Motivation

Part 2:
...Just for the record, they didn't do a great job clearing our streets after the snow so I made a date with the treadmill instead. It was me, the treadmill, my new Nike workout shirt (the one that says "Believe in the Run", a little extra motivation), Poision playing in the background and the TLC show L.A. Ink for a hour. Not a bad afternoon :)

Part 1:
Well its well into my winter vacation and I already am looking for that extra motivation, especially with the winter snow storm we had last night. Its soooo hard to get out of the warm house when I don't really have any where to go! My first task this morning was to contact my gym buddies to see what their plans were so I at least had a mini-plan in my head of what I was going to do this week. Then I did a little research online...

Runner's World Tips to Get you Motivated

Step 1: Create a Blog, Looks like that one is checked off!

Step 2: New Shoes, Didn't quite get new shoes, but you might call me "gear girl" now given all the new running/workout gear I got for Christmas. I am a little excited to try it out!

Step 3:Running Commentary, I'll let you read the article for this one, but one of the recent Runner's World quotes fits right in here...

"Remember, the feeling you get from a good run is far better than the feeling you get from sitting around wishing you were running."

- Sara Condor, Runner's World Daily Quotes

The list goes on, but it is a great motivational list. I hope you enjoy the article. Its off to run a few errands and then hopefully this afternoon I will be ready to try out my new gear with a run through the freshly fallen snow!

Happy Monday!
Sarah Condor

No comments:

Post a Comment