Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Half Marathon Training: Week 2

Good morning! I woke up at 6:30 today for my morning run. I wish I could do it earlier, but I don't like running in the dark. Today's run was 3 miles. I am following Hal Higdon's novice plan for my half marathon training.

Hal Hidgon's Half Marathon Novice Training Plan

I was still sore from kickball on Saturday (who would have thought it was such a good workout!!) so it was a little slower than I wanted, but I am trying to just enjoy my runs during training and not worry too much about pace and time. I have been running 4 minutes, then walking 1 minute, and it makes me so much less stressed while running because I am not worrying about my endurance, and whether I can do the full run without stopping. It was another warm morning in Florida, and the perfect 70 degrees as the sun was rising.

1 comment:

  1. Jealous of the 70 degrees! It was a nice crisp 37 when I woke up today and I was thinking that was warm!

    ReplyDelete