Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Granola Motivation

I decided this year for Christmas to make some of my friends a healthy alternative to cookies (even though I did include some Brown Sugar Goodness in the package). I found this recipe by Alton Brown for a semi-healthy granola mix. Its pretty high in calories, but for the past 3 days I have eaten it for breakfast mixed with Greek yogurt and it has been fabulous. The last batch I made I included toasted coconut on top with a handful of chocolate chips.

Granola Recipe

This morning as my alarm went off at 5:15am I was dreading going to spinning until I realized I had some granola waiting for me afterwards. I got right up! :) Pre-spinning I had 4oz of low fat chocolate milk, followed by the second 4oz, granola and greek yogurt afterwards. That is a LOT of protein in a short amount of time, but it kept me motivated through the class and will keep me full until lunch.

Food is my best motivator, so I try to keep it healthy. I am going to go home tonight and make another batch. I guess after the holidays I may have to eliminate the chocolate chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment