Sunday, December 20, 2009

The "Clean out the Pantry/Fridge" Challenge

Today was a lazy day at home since all of the Christmas shopping is done..




Wait, what's missing from that picture...ME! Don't worry, I also got my nap today :)



Everyone few months, I skip my weekend trip to the grocery and attempt to eat what's left in the pantry and fridge. Tonight's dinner was going to be a challenge. Here were my options:



  • High Fiber Tortillas
  • Cream Cheese
  • Whole Wheat Couscous
  • A can of Refried Beans
  • A can of Peas
  • A can of Garbanzo Beans
  • A can of Black Beans
  • Plain Fat Free Yogurt
  • Carrots that are past their prime

I debated having Mexican food, or some kind of bean salad, but ended up with a pseudo-Greek dinner:

  • A high fiber tortilla with
  • Hummus made with chickpeas, lemon juice, evoo, garlic from the jar, ground cumin, salt, and pepper
  • whole wheat couscous made with chicken bouillon and water
  • shredded carrots
  • and a side of peas

I wanted to make a tatziki sauce for my wrap, but quickly learned it is made with cucumbers, which I don't have, and the yogurt is best when strained for a few hours. At least I know for next time.

Dinner was actually really good. I love hummus so I am pretty sure that anything with hummus tastes good to me! There is even enough left that I can have it for lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment