Thursday, December 17, 2009

Circuit Training Stair Challenge

This morning I had circuit training on the schedule. I did an old favorite, the stairs! I have done this workout on vacation, at the beach etc. You can really do it anywhere. This morning it was at the gym. Its amazing how many things you can do off of the stairs and how much running up and down stairs increases your heart rate. The key to the workout is working in different excercises between the stairs to make your heart rate slow down and speed up. Here is what I did...

- Run 1 mile (warm-up)
- 3 trips up and down the stairs alternating running and a two foot hop (literally hop onto each stair with both feet.)
- Ab work (side bends w/ 25lb weight)
- Push ups with a side plank twist
- Squats (w/ 25 lb weight)
- Repeat 3 trips up and down the stairts
- Ab work (standing crunches and side twists w/ 25lb weight)
- Walk out pushups (move your hands from push up position 2-3 inches forward, back and then side and back, repeat 8 times)
- Curtsy squats
- Bicep curls
- Calf raises (off the stairs)
- Repeat 3 trips up and down the stairs
- Moutain Climbers (1 minute)
- Leg raise, squat combo (for hip stretching)
- Dead lifts (w/25lb weight)
- Cool down/stretch

My legs are feeling it this morning, but due to my cookie consumption yesterday I feel much more balanced. I am off to enjoy my granola and greek yogurt!

On a side note I am feeling extra cozy this morning because I wore my Uggs to work. These boots back me love winter a little more. They are so warm!! 4 more working days until Christmas break!! :)

1 comment:

  1. That is quite the morning!! Great job!! How long did that take you to do?

    ReplyDelete