Saturday, December 19, 2009

Four Miles to Start the Day

I slept until 9am this morning and it felt great. I had a smoothie before my run made of pineapple, plain fat free yogurt, ice, and a few pieces of frozen fruit from a bag of assorted fruit. About 30 minutes later, I went out for my 4 mile run. The weather was perfect - mid 60's and sunny. Although snow is nice around Christmas, I would much rather be in the warmer weather! The windows are open in the house and it will be a perfect day to go out and do some last minute Christmas shopping.

Today's run:

4 miles, 45:38 minutes, for an average pace of 11:23 per mile


I need some extra motivation to stay away from the cookies and candy in the house, so I did some research online about how weight loss effects running pace. According to an article on RunnersWorld.com, for each pound lost, you will run 2 seconds faster each mile.

That may not sound like a lot, but for a 5 pound weight loss, that's 31 seconds off a 5K time. So it's no cookies for me today!

No comments:

Post a Comment