Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Balance

I woke up at 4:15 this morning counting down until my alarm was to go off at 5 and made my way to the gym. I worked thru the elliptical and then Body Pump(weight lifting class) with my friend Katie. Thankfully she was there otherwise I am pretty sure I would have slept in!

Katie made these awesome cookies which were left on my car when I left the gym. I found myself eating them on the way to work while listening to the XM station "Holly", the renamed pop Christmas station. So as I am consuming about 500 calories of sugar for breakfast and singing Jingle Bell Rock, I reminded myself that its all about balance and it was worth the workout!



This time of year, its OK to have a few cookies. I'll just have to run a little extra.

I also made a trip to Starbucks given my 4:15 wake-up call. They have the best mix of green and black tea this time of year called "Joy." Another great balance of very different tastes. Just what I needed this morning! Time to get to work!!

2 comments:

  1. Cookies and Starbucks for breakfast sounds like a great reward for getting up and going to gym!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could reward myself like that everyday!!

    ReplyDelete