Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Changing it Up!

Yesterday I went to my favorite store, Trader Joes and was on the search for some new healthy options to try out over my Christmas Break (2 days and counting...) I wanted some new things to keep me on track and balanced with all the eating, drinking and traveling that will be taking place. Sometimes I eat the same things for weeks straight. It is time to change it up!

I ended up with pumpkin granola, whole flax seed, Lara bars, Trader Joes Brand Greek Honey Yogurt (super cheap), Yogi Immune Support Tea and Trader Joes Very Green Blend Juice. The two items I tried this morning after spinning were the Lara Bar and the Green Blend Juice. I am saving the tea for an afternoon treat.







The Lara Bar was suprisingly good, although didn't look so great. The amazing part is it has only 3 ingredients. I had the cherry pie version which contained dates, almonds and unsweetened cherries. It has no added sugar, is unprocessed, raw, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, vegan and kosher. Who knew something store bought could be so healthy!!

The Green Blend Juice also does not look appetizing (I'll spare you the picture) but one serving has the following ingredients...


Spirulina 650mg
Chlorella 200mg
Broccoli 50mg
Ginger 25 mg
Spinach 50mg
Barley Grass 37mg
Wheat Grass 37mg
Blue Green Algae 25mg
Parsley 25mg
Garlic 25 mg

Pretty green. It actually tasted like apple juice somehow. I think I am going to work this into my daily routine. One serving is 130 calories, but I feel super healthy and not hungry at all. Hopefully it will fend off all those germs going around.

The Yogi Immune support tea has peppermint, echinancea root, lemongrass and a whole list of other organic ingredients. Hopefully my body will apprecite these new choices!!

No comments:

Post a Comment